LOOK HERE FIRST”
Eat•Shop•Play•Stay in Port Townsend
“Look Here First!” for holiday experiences—from shopping and dining to magical events, Port Townsend is the place to celebrate the season. Port Townsend has gifts covered–there are thousands of great gifts available right here in our historic seaport and arts community. The public is invited to “Look Here First” for one-of-a-kind, imaginative gift ideas. When you buy locally, it gives back to Port Townsend’s local economy, which is a gift to our community. Individually-owned businesses offer the personal touch and are a welcome contrast to anonymous malls or online buying. Gifts purchased from destination stores, Port Townsend restaurant gift certificates, movie passes, theatre/event tickets, and local artwork are examples of thoughtful gifts loved ones will remember long after the holidays.
- November 24th, Thanksgiving at the Fort, buffet style dinner at the Commons from 11 am-3 pm and turkey dinner specials at Taps, 4 pm – 8 pm.
- November 25, Black Friday—Kick off of Main Street “Look Here First” campaign. Let the shopping begin!
- November 25-26, PT Arts Guild Holiday Craft Sale
- November 26, Main Street Small Business Saturday & Merchant Holiday Open House! Celebrate local businesses at this nation-wide event. See more at “About Small Business Saturday” at americanexpress.com. Caroling in the streets with the Wild Rose Chorale Uptown and Downtown from 2-4 pm, in-store treats, many shops open later til 7 pm. Have fun shopping and dining in town! “Look Here First” Merchant Holiday Window Contest winners announced.
- Nov 30 - Dec 30, Wednesdays - Sundays, "Spirit of the Yule," a new holiday musical, is Port Townsend's own Christmas Carol by Linda Dowdell and Denise Winter. KeyCityPublicTheatre.org
- December 3, Main Street Treelighting Celebration and Santa Visit. There’s caroling in the streets with the Wild Rose Chorale from 1-3 pm, in-store refreshments and many shops will be open later. Come to Haller Fountain for the annual Community treelighting and Santa visit at 4:30 pm. Port Townsend school children created dozens of hand-made ornaments for the tree. Santa arrives by the Kiwanis Choo Choo Train to light the community tree. After the Treelighting, Santa visits with children at the Cotton Building, 607 Water Street.
- December 3, First Saturday Art Walk hosted in galleries and stores. Great holiday gift ideas made by local artists. Enjoy refreshments and shop for artistic gifts you won’t find anywhere else.
- December 3, Fill the Bus with Kiwanis, Toys for Tots, and Christmas for Kids. Every year Jefferson County transit parks a bus at the Port Townsend Visitors Center Parking Lot on Sims way to collect donations. Drop by and drop off a toy or a donation; have a cup of coffee or a bite to eat. This year Mo-Chilli BBQ and Paella House will be offering food and donating all profits to the program.
- December 10, Main Street/Kiwanis Choo Choo Rides for Families 1-4 pm; suggested donation of $5 per person benefits the arts in the schools program.
- December 16, Gingerbread Contest at Flagship Landing - on display through January 14, 2017. Rules and Entry Form Here.
- December 17, Yuletide Ball from 8-11 pm. Father Christmas will be on hand, along with plenty of mistletoe at the American Legion. Coordinated by Olympic Peninsula Steam vicfest.org.
- December 17, Open Parlor Tours: Visit historic inns and homes of Port Townsend with their halls bedecked for the holidays. Self-guided tours run 1-3 pm. Enjoy seasonal music and tasty treats. Tickets are $15. Details at vicfest.org.
- December 17, Main Street/Kiwanis Choo Choo Rides for Families, 1-4 pm; suggested donation of $5 per person benefits the arts in the schools program.
- December 31, First Night Celebration coordinated by the Jefferson County Historical Society. All ages, alcohol-free, event featuring live music, children’s activities and the dropping of the anchor to ring in the new year.
- December 31, New Year's Eve celebration at Fort Worden
- January 1, New Year's Day Brunch at Fort Worden Commons
The Port Townsend Main Street Program is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization: OUR MISSION “Fostering economic vitality and preservation of place within our historic business districts…while maintaining our small town quality of life.”