The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
October 27th, 2016 - Austin, Texas
We've entered that final quarter of the year that always seems to throw me for a loop; too much early-age holiday trauma baggage overload plus probable Seasonal Affective Disorder melancholy from lack of sunlight. Whatever excuses I muster, the fact remains this is the only installment of the "weekly" email newsletter likely to come out this month, and the next couple of months will likely prove equally sparse for newsletter delivery; upcoming day job trips to Washington, D.C. (just after this reality-tv election season) and other factors continue to conspire against YOU getting your weekly dose of Anomaly Archives Weirdness!
Anyway, onward towards the content of this issue...
Austin, Texas: Epicenter of America's
I am a survivor of a mass shooting (San Antonio's 1979 Parade Shooting) and have been following closely the public and media's reception to the new documentary, TOWER, about the 50 year old mass-shooting event that took place here in the dark heart of Texas. Early responses have been tremendously positive and last week I had the pleasure of attending the Austin History Center's opening event launching there new 50th Anniversary exhibit. As the largest archive of materials related to this tragic event (and a venue I am long familiar with from my life in Austin and use of its public spaces for various anomalistic meetings) it was good to see them participating in facilitating a public discussion of the film and the events it chronicles. The Austin History Center hosted an engaging round-table featuring TOWER director Keith Maitland and legendary local newsman Neal Spelce. AHC staffers led a fascinating talk with Maitland and Spelce that further compelled me to make the effort to see this documentary during its limited theatrical release. I finally saw it with my wife this past weekend and we were both moved to tears throughout the movie. This is a powerful film that focuses on some of the stories of those there that day, weaving real archival footage together with digitally rotoscoped animation reenactments plus recent interview footage of those survivors whose stories are portrayed. As a fan of local filmmaker Linklater's pioneering use of this animated rotoscoping process (as seen in his movies Waking Life and A Scanner Darkly - both coincidentally featuring cameo's by Alex Jones) I really appreciated the use of this animation technique for such a delicate documentary subject as this traumatic event. I highly recommend that people seek out and support this movie.
This edition's Book-of-the-Week is one of the Contactee Classics: The Secret of the Saucers from Orfeo Angelucci. Ignoring the rumors of strange relations with sheep ... was ole Orville dosed with psychedelics by government operatives? Inquiring minds want to know!
There are quite a few Anomaly Headlines of note for this installment:
Surreal Elections Season ... I'm not the only one who's noticed the rocketing rise of local conspiracy-media-mogul and fear-mongering radio show host Alex Jones, who has been catapulted into the stratosphere of mass public awareness propelled by this presidential election season's contentious candidates and even the current pResident at the White House actually naming him in public speeches: Austin’s Alex Jones: The voice in Donald Trump’s head - Jonathan Tilove, American-Statesman
Keeping with the creeping paranoia... conspiracy theories galore have taken over the mainstream; from the global outbreak of Stalking-Clownspiracy to MSM coverage of Gang-Stalking claims (San Diego mom thinks she's the victim of "community stalking" (Video) - ABC 10 News) coincident with the passing of critically acclaimed novelist Gloria Naylor (R.I.P. 1950-2016) who wrote about apparent government surveillance and harassment (listen to NPR's Ed Gordon talks with Naylor about her '1996': Under the Watchful Eye of the Government).
Check out some of the other highlights from this week's Anomaly-News-Headline links...
Forteana reconsidered as Cover-up for Corruption...
The Voices Haunting Our Heads and Homes...
Find all of them and more at our Flipboard page: Anomaly Archives Flipboard or in the links below...
See y'all around!
Book of the Week...
The Secret of the Saucers
By Orfeo Angelucci
Nowadays we might be a little more circumspect than to accept spiked drinks from strangers, but Orfeo gladly accepts the glass and gulps the fizz down, immediately recognising it as the liquid ‘nectar’ given to him on previous meetings with the Space Beings, documented in his first book Secrets of the Saucers.
What Angelucci describes next sounds like a classic, benevolent psychedelic experience:
I thrilled from head to foot as I took the glass, lifted it to my lips, and swallowed twice from it. At that instant I entered, with Adam, into a more exalted state and everything around me took on a different semblance. No longer was I in Tiny’s cafe in Twentynine Palms. It had been transformed into a cozy retreat on some radiant star system. Though everything remained in its same position, added beauty and meaning were given to the things and people present there.
While it would be naive to treat the writings of a man who claims to have had multiple contacts with space beings as entirely unenhanced autobiography, I can’t help but wonder whether the alien visitation beliefs of Angelucci and others were being exploited, or even generated, by people working in one or other clandestine branches of the military or intelligence organisations. Perhaps the US Army’s Special Operations Division, which began experimenting with hallucinogens and chemical warfare in the 1940s, or the CIA, whose infamous MK-ULTRA programme, beginning in 1953 (with antecedents like Chatter, Bluebird and Artichoke operating from 1947) explored the use of drugs, hypnosis and radiation as tools for mind control.
ORFEO ANGELUCCI ... always seemed to make the best impression in person of any of the mid-1950s contactees. The general impression I get from reading accounts of these gentlemen's interview and platform styles is that George Van Tassel made the worst overall impression, speaking in a strained voice and never making eye contact with the audience (I diagnose stage-fright), while founding father George Adamski was always genial and laid-back, but Orfeo (also known as Orville) Angelucci radiated enthusiasm, sincerity and humility, in a very winning combination. It didn't hurt that Orville was thin and aesthetic-looking. The usual contactee was a taxi-driver, mechanic or sign-painter in daily life, and it always showed. Angelucci didn't found his own religious cult, unlike most of the contactees, but he did use his space-brotherly communications to give validation to the many strange ideas about physics, astronomy and biology that he had been “working on” for decades before his initial contact claims.
Source: A Contactee Album!
Dr. Rory Coker, UTexas.edu, Physics 341,
Pseudoscience, Unique #: 59170 (Fall 2013)
Here are some headlines of note for this week:
SAI Anomaly Archives eNews October 2016
Aliens & UFOs
- Pablo Vergel provides an "exegesis" of Jose Antonio Caravaca's "Distortion Theory" that explains [some] UFO encounters - UFO Conjecture(s)
- The "SPACE RIDER" Who Came in From Outer Space? Jose Antonio Caravaca, caravaca102.blogspot.com.es
- The Arrival (2016) and UFO Discourse - TerraObscura.net
- FLASHBACK: Errol Bruce-Knapp & Chris Rutkowski on ... Magnificent Obsessions (2003--2008), Canadian Life Network, TV Series, Episode name -- UFO Hunter (Video).- 27 min - Canadian Documentary. Imdb
- Was there a secret US government research group? - Keith Basterfield, Unidentified Aerial Phenomena - scientific research
- More Encounters With Star People: Reviewed - Nick Redfern, MysteriousUniverse.org
- 2016/10/05 Newsletter from Vicente-Juan Ballester Olmos, fotocat.blogspot.fr
- Shaver vs Keel: Lying Saucers or The Man Who Re-invented Flying Saucers and Called Them Rokfogo - Richard TorontoIt, ShaverTron.com
- FLASHBACK 2013: Resiliency seminar provides out of this world experience - osan.af.mil, OSAN AIR BASE, Republic of Korea
- Folklorist examines how UFO story has affected Shag Harbour - David Burke, CBC.ca
- Walter Bosley: Breakaway Civilization, The Senora Aero Club (MP3) - TheHigherSideChats.com
- 8-Foot-Tall Gray Alien Spotted Walking On Post Office Roof in Stephenville, Texas, According To… - JohnThomas Didymus, Inquisitir.com
- Austin’s Alex Jones: The voice in Donald Trump’s head - Jonathan Tilove, American-Statesman
- Roger Stone Pushing Blue Beam Alien Invasion Hoax Meme - Twitter / Video
Fortean Weirdness (or Not!?)
Misc Headlines & Articles
Parapsychology News, Education & Research
Conspiracy / Deep State / Parapolitics
- The Higgs Bison -- mystery species hidden in cave art - EurekAlert.org / AAAS - University of Adelaide
- Bear sightings in East Texas? (Video) - Matthew Thibodeaux, EastTexasMatters.com
- When Bigfoot Gets Violent and Deadly - Nick Redfern, MysteriousUniverse.org
- Chupacabra Road Trip - Reviews, SupernaturalMagazine.com
- Apes Among Us: Encounters (MP3) - NAWAC, woodape.org
- 'Bigfoot' expert says creature highly likely present in Oklahoma - Maureen Wurtz, KTUL.com
- The Strange Saga of a Monstrous Mimic - Nick Redfern, MysteriousUniverse.org
- FLASHBACK: 2013 Bill Munns -- Texas Bigfoot Conference Presentation (Video)
- Mark A. Hall, Cryptozoologist and Fortean, Dies - Loren Coleman, CryptoZooNews.com
- Solving the Mystery of the 18th-Century Killer “Beast of Gévaudan” - National Geographic, Karl-Hans Taake
Clownspiracy / Clownpocalypse Watch 2016
- Maybe Its Time We Started Taking Americas Creepy Clown Panic Seriously - Micah Hanks, MysteriousUniverse.org
- TGR 10.05.16. Rise of the Clowns: Panic in America? Micah Hanks, The Gralien Report
- The day the clowns came to town - The Guardian · Matthew Teague in Greenville, South Carolina, and Fairhope, Alabama
- Creeped out by clowns? This might be why - CNN · By Frank T. McAndrew, The Conversation
- 'Killer Clowns': Inside the Terrifying Hoax Sweeping America - Rolling Stone, Suzanne Zuppello
- Creepy Clown Considerations - Loren Coleman, CopycatEffect.blogspot.com
Thirty-five years ago, the word "Phantom Clowns" was added to my twilight language lexicon, when the actual "Phantom Clowns" appeared in America.
Cult Mind Control
- How Well-Meaning, Intelligent People End Up in a Cult (Video) - The Atlantic · Sep 26, 2016 - EnlightenNext was an organization, founded by self-styled guru Andrew Cohen, that aimed to facilitate spiritual awakening. Cohens most devoted students meditated for hours at times, months on end, were often celibate, and lived together. However, what started as an idealistic venture quickly...
- Holy Hell documentary, Austin, Texas Cult documentary
- Children of God - TV documentary circa 1994
Mind Kontrol, Electronic Surveillance & Harassment
- Gloria Naylor, R.I.P. (1950-2016) - Robert Guffey, cryptoscatology.blogspot.com
Gloria Naylor, author of many critically acclaimed novels such The Women of Brewster Place (1982) and Mama Day (1988), passed away on September 28th at …
- FLASHBACK: '1996': Under the Watchful Eye of the Government - NPR
Ed Gordon talks with writer Gloria Naylor about her latest novel 1996, a fictionalized memoir about Naylor's experience under government surveillance. Transcript ED GORDON, host: Novelist Gloria Naylor is best known for writing critically-acclaimed, African-American literature, including the Women of …
Paranormal, Haunting, Ghosts
911 / September 11th
Libraries & Freedom of Information
Check out more news links at the
[NOTE: Inclusion of news & event info is purely informational
and does not indicate endorsement.]
Membership Drive 2016
Would you like to check-out books from the Anomaly Archives lending library? Do you want to help preserve the history of UFO (and related anomalous) research?
Then Become An Official Member TODAY!
We need your help to make the Anomaly Archives the Best Anomalies Research Resource in North America. Our goal is to become a significant repository of anomalistic research materials.
Your membership will help support these efforts!
The best way to show your support is to become a member and to sign-up for the auto-renewing annual membership subscription through PayPal.
Membership is only $20 Annually
Thanks for your support!