Ready for a storm?
When the red Budget box made its journey from No.11 to the Speakers podium at the House, how were you feeling?
- Hoping for the best?
- Wondering if any bombshells were about to be dropped?
So did the Budget deliver what you wanted?
Some of the big business impact announcements included:
We know that you can never second guess the exact direction the Chancellor might take, but that doesn't stop us preparing. A ship never quite knows what storms it might face, but a deep keel and carefully designed hull ensures that it rides out the waves and heads in the direction the Captain points her. This is a lesson we can all learn in our businesses, rather than letting events dictate our path.
- Changes in NI for the self employed
- Help for business facing big rises in rates
- Delays in "Making Tax Digital" for smaller businesses
- Reductions in the dividend tax free allowance
- Investments in skills, broadband and transport
Are you prepared?
Putting the right processes and systems in place in your business provide that deep keel. Think about the DMAIC steps to improve your processes, here we think about the Measure phase. This step focuses on understanding the current process by measuring performance and collecting data. This involves describing the process “warts and all”, determining what data and information is needed to establish the current performance of the process. Collecting the baseline data on the current process – what is happening now?
UK, going for growth
The Chancellor rose to his feet and reiterated that, by design, “We want the UK to be the best place to start and grow a business”. Hear, hear!
So how can IiE help deliver growth?
We've worked with businesses of all shapes, sizes and sectors to help them create a steady keel, by focusing on:
By ensuring that you plan for the down and upside in each of these areas you can ride out any storm that the Chancellor or anyone else may throw at you.
- What Matters Most?
- Embedding the right Culture
- Embedding Continuous Improvement
Start actioning today
Make sure that next time the environment changes, you can just sing out "steady at the helm" confident in your processes and knowing you are the best that you can be!
- Download our DMAIC tool and start putting a deep keel on your business
- Come along and meet us to discuss your continuous improvement journey in person on 28th March or 5th April 2017 at Pegasus Park, Castle Donington, Derby DE74 2UZ, call us today on 0121 746 3150 to book your appointment
- If this isn’t convenient let's arrange a venue near you or telephone discussion at a time to suit you